No Gallery image is associated with this thread

Old Nov 3rd, 07, 11:37 pm   #1
Ikeatrait
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 50
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: USA-Portland
Besta Enon TV Stand in Black/Brown

I am interested in the Besta Enon in Black/Brown. My local IKEA is out of stock, last week they said early December, now they say mid January. All of the other parts and pieces are in stock, just not the central item, where the TV would actually sit.

What's the deal, that's a long time to wait, for some new IKEA gear. The girl at the store said it is a new product line, and they are just having trouble getting the stock in line.

Does that make sense? I am new to IKEA, so I am wondering if anybody has any info about this product.

Share |

Ikeatrait is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Nov 7th, 07, 6:35 am  
IKEA FAN

My IKEA: United Kingdom-Edinburgh
Re: Besta Enon TV Stand in Black/Brown

Sadly I'm having just the same problem. I've been waiting for this item (having bought everything else for the unit) since August. The est. delivery date keeps getting pushed further and further back and when I called today they said their stock order is now showing 'code 91' which means cancelled!! Have been asked to call back later to speak to supervisor in furnishings to see if they can shed any light on this. Really quite annoyed with the whole saga. Weirdly some of the other colours are in stock so I don't really know why there's such a problem with this one.

Alan

Share |
alanjrobertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 07, 10:36 am  
IKEA FANS Ambassador

iKarma: 13,955
Gallery: 127
My IKEA: USA-Washington DC:Woodbridge
Doorstyle: STAT

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Moderator 
Total Awards: 8

IKEA is an odd beast sometimes - they contract with factories all over the world to produce the different product lines. Despite public perception, they are very strict about the quality of finishes and so forth. If there is a problem with the finish matching or being up to the quality expected, they will stop production until they can resolve the problem.

It probably is not cancelled permanently, but they may not be taking any orders or fulfilling back orders until production is up to snuff. The other possibility is that BECAUSE it is so popular, the factory simply can't keep up with demand. Unfortunately, this sounds frighteningly like Nexus Brown-Black.

Susan

Share |
Old Nov 7th, 07, 10:56 am  
IKEA FAN

Hi Susan

Just to update - have just spoken to the Furnishings Manager at my local branch and he confirmed they are definitely not cancelling this range/colour. The main issue was selling way above expectations when initially launched in the Spring (70% over estimate) and trying to get stock from a new supplier. He said the change in status code shouldn't make a difference as it only takes a few days from stock arriving in the central warehouse to getting out to stores. As far as he knows it should still be on course for Week 48 ( ie . 3 weeks away) although I'm not sure what the ETA is for North America .

Cheers

Alan

PS - yep this also reminds me of an eight-month long saga I had waiting for an aluminium IMPERATIV splashback to come into stock to finish-off my IKEA kitchen. Only a simple thing (hardwood + aluminium) but seemed to take an inordinate amount of time to come into stock!

Share |
Old Nov 7th, 07, 11:16 am  
IKEA FANS Ambassador

iKarma: 13,955
Gallery: 127
My IKEA: USA-Washington DC:Woodbridge
Doorstyle: STAT

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Moderator 
Total Awards: 8

Thanks so much for the update, Alan! Glad to hear this product will be back in the stores soon. IKEA sure does generate alot of ill will when this kind of stock issue comes into play.

It would be great if IKEA could utilize IKEAFANS to test their North American market! We could have told them 2 years ago that Besta would be a winner!

Susan

Share |
Old Nov 8th, 07, 10:29 pm  
IKEA FAN

My IKEA: USA-Portland

Wow, that sure is a long wait, I hope I don't end up waiting that long. I too have purchased all of the accessories to go with the stand, and have been told a similar story about this item being oversold.

This is a bummer, but I believe in the end it should be worth the wait.

3 more weeks and you will be all set! I am still hearing that I have 8 to 10 weeks to wait yet, Hmmm......

Share |
Ikeatrait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 07, 6:09 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 230
My IKEA: USA-Minneapolis:Twin Cities

Just an update to this thread, went into the Twin Cities Ikea store tonight. Hearing that they're not getting any of these in until the third week of January. Woo hoo.

Share |
ambercita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1st, 07, 9:26 pm  
IKEA FAN

Sadly still nothing here either at present and wouldn't be surprised if it was into the New Year too.

Rather annoyingly - spoke to a member of staff last week and they said the Besta Enon has been advertised instore for sale for the past year (I'd thought it was new in August) but without any stock! Given the rest of the Besta range is still for sale it's rather annoying (and slightly underhand) that they've done this. I don't quite understand what's so complicated about this part to manufacture either!

Alan

Share |
Old Dec 1st, 07, 11:33 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 320
Gallery: 1
My IKEA: USA-Baltimore

no you can't get it for a while! i had one customer ask to check every store in the united states ! like he was gonna really fly there and buy one! its not really that serious!

Share |
IKEA.Employee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 07, 1:13 am  
IKEA FANS Ambassador

iKarma: 17,440
Gallery: 60
My IKEA: USA-Los Angeles:Covina
Doorstyle: Avsikt/Kalsebo

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Builder ($5-$49 Donation) 
Total Awards: 2

I've been blogged!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IKEA.Employee View Post
no you can't get it for a while! i had one customer ask to check every store in the united states ! like he was gonna really fly there and buy one! its not really that serious!
I dunno ... some weeks back, I was talking to one customer who was planning to hit all 4 LA Metro Ikeas ( Burbank , Carson , Costa Mesa , Covina ) that weekend for AS-IS stuff, then follow by hitting the 2 Bay Area stores (E. Palo Alto and Emeryville ) the next weekend, and then head on up to W . Sacramento and Portland !

Share |
Please note that all advice, information, and layouts provided by forum members on this site was done on a voluntary basis and out of kindness of their hearts. If you appreciate the help you received, please support this site and donate to keep it going.
Narf is offline   Reply With Quote

Comment

Tags
besta , ikea