No Gallery image is associated with this thread

Old Jan 12th, 09, 4:25 pm   #1
habib89
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 170
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: USA-San Francisco:Emeryville
Lost keys for Ikea PS cabinet unit

Hi, I have a Ikea PS cabinet unit. the kind that is one on top of the other. I lost the keys to it and can't open the doors. Is there a way to buy replacement keys anywhere? Thanks, in advance, for the help!

Share |

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Jan 26th, 09, 6:52 pm  
IKEA FAN

Re: Lost keys for Ikea PS cabinet unit

no one can help me or send a spare key, or at least reply with a "so sorry"? Do i need to give more information before i can get help?

Share |
Old Jan 26th, 09, 9:37 pm  
IKEA FANS Ambassador

iKarma: 14,055
Gallery: 127
My IKEA: USA-Washington DC:Woodbridge
Doorstyle: STAT

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Moderator 
Total Awards: 8

So sorry this got overlooked! The holidays and into January are pretty slow around here.

I'm not sure about the PS cabinet. Is the lock an integral part of the unit, or is it an add-on bit, like some of the Effektiv line? Hopefully Chuck will come along. He knows everything.

Welcome to IKEAFANS, and again...sorry about the slow response time!

Susan

Share |
Old Mar 13th, 09, 6:16 pm  
IKEA FAN

thank you for the response susan, it's very much appreciated. i myself had abandoned this thread, but maybe i can get more answers now. this is the cabinet in question

IKEA | Cabinets & sideboards | Cabinets | IKEA PS | Cabinet

it's that exact one except mine is black. thanks for any help you can give me!

Share |
Old Mar 19th, 09, 12:59 am  
IKEA Co-Worker

iKarma: 1,706
My IKEA: USA-Washington DC:Woodbridge

Well I wish I could help you out with this one. I looked up the documentation for this cabinet and the lock mechanism doesn't have a part number. If it did, you could simply go to your local IKEA store's customer service desk and get a new lock and key and replace the installed one.

You might still be able to ask them if they have any.

That's the best I can offer in this case.

Kevin

Share |
Old Mar 9th, 12, 10:09 am  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 156
My IKEA: USA-Atlanta:Midtown

I have these lockers...one with legs and one without. Im looking to stack them but don't know what sort of hardware to use. Does anyone have original manual or assembly instructions for these. I have both keys....If all locks are universal, maybe a copy can be made.

Share |

Closed Thread