LinkBack Thread Tools
No Gallery image is associated with this thread

Old Feb 17th, 07, 2:12 am   #1
snookums
IKEA FANatic

iKarma: 50
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: USA-Los Angeles:Costa Mesa
Doorstyle: Kaselbo laundry room, 2 Pax closets, all-Ikea playroom, and soon, all-Ikea scraproom
VERKSAM chair? Anyone have it?

Anyone have the Verksam chair? Is it comfy and long-lasting? I think I finally need a new chair. Thought Ikea would have something good or should I stick with the office-supply stores for one?

Share |

snookums is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Feb 17th, 07, 8:01 am  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 1,650
My IKEA: USA-Houston

LBG Adoptions
IKEAFANS Backer ($50-$99 Donation) 
Total Awards: 1

verksam chair

We bought a charcoal grey Verksam chair over a year ago and have used it daily at our computer desk in our study. Both my husband and I find it comfortable and like that it has many adjustments so we can make it fit us.
We looked at ones at office supply stores and the ones we saw were just as expensive or more expensive if they were as comfortable as the verksam.
Also our search was limited because we needed a comfortable chair without arms on it because of how our desk is built with a roll-out keyboard tray. Most of the chairs we saw at the office supply stores without arms were not very comfortable. The Verksam chair comes without arms and then you can purchase and add the arms if you want them. This helped us make up our mind to get the Verksam chair.
HTH .
Laura

Share |

Last edited by tx_mom; Feb 17th, 07 at 8:02 am.. Reason: posted too quickly
tx_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 07, 9:24 am  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 533
Verksam is great!

I bought a red Verksam chair last year, and I've been very happy with it. The foam is very supportive, and yet very comfortable for long-term sitting. I use it when I work at home at my computer, and I sit in it all day with no problems. Terrific variety of adjustments, so everybody should find a setting to their liking.

I also spent many weeks looking for comfortable and relatively inexpensive office chairs at local stores, and they were horrible. I would lose circulation in my legs after just an hour in them. I also tried out the really high-end chairs -- you know, the ones that are around $500-800. They were great, but I didn't want to spend that much. The top-end IKEA chairs, like the Verksam and the Klappe, seem just as comfortable, with just as many adjustments. But I really didn't want to spend more than $200 on a chair, so I went with the Verksam. And at that price point, it seems to have no competition.

Share |
nc_driver is offline   Reply With Quote

Comment