No Gallery image is associated with this thread

Old Jan 9th, 12, 8:14 pm   #1
hemingwa
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 940
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: USA-Atlanta:Midtown
Doorstyle: Billy, Effektiv
Question Entire Effektiv line being discontinued?

I am currently in the middle of a home office overhaul. My local store is oversold on most Effektiv items and is not restocking. A conversation with department employees revealed that IKEA is transitioning the Effektiv name over to Galant. Problem is that nobody can tell me when the trasnsition will be complete and whether it will be a brand new line of furninture or just rebranded Effektiv.

Was wondering if anyone on the forum has any insight into what is going on. I'm in limbo at the moment. Don't know whether to keep all of my Effektiv stuff and wait for the transition to complete or return it and come up with another solution around Besta or something else.

Share |

hemingwa is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Jan 9th, 12, 11:44 pm  
IKEA addict

iKarma: 5,000,000,077,921
My IKEA: USA-Phoenix:Tempe
Doorstyle: Foo Fighters
Re: Entire Effektiv line being discontinued?

It will essentially be effective type items under the Galant name. The line was supposed to already be out but quality delays have set back release until around spring

Share |
hexkeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th, 12, 9:04 am  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 725
My IKEA: USA-Dallas:Frisco

I've heard something similar. That Effektiv was being rolled into the Galant line. There will also be a focus on either making the Effektiv items either more or less modular. I've forgotten which direction they were going with the line. More focused on beech Galant items being phased out.

Share |
skypirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 12, 10:51 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 230
My IKEA: USA-Round Rock
Smile Re: Entire Effektiv line being discontinued?

We've been told the same thing - and that section of our Ikea store is pretty much gutted. We have some of the Galant office furniture and it matches very well with the Effectiv office furniture - so keep up the hope!

Share |
EagleFlight39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 12, 7:11 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 120
My IKEA: USA-Charlotte

they have galant storage furniture on the uk website... I assume the US version of this furniture will be similar.. but, when is it available here?

Share |
VandringUggla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 12, 10:34 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 230
My IKEA: USA-Round Rock

There are some Galant pieces available from the old series. We haven't heard anything here about when they will roll out the replacement line for Effektive
Search result - IKEA

Share |
EagleFlight39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 12, 8:26 am  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 120
My IKEA: USA-Charlotte

Actually, I just checked the US website, and the new Galant furniture has appeared overnight

Search result - IKEA

Share |
VandringUggla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 14, 3:42 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 109
My IKEA: USA-Detroit:Canton
Question Re: Entire Effektiv line being discontinued?

Obviously I'm a little late hearing the news that Effektiv has been discontinued at IKEA as I've been trying to find some casters for my Effektiv file cart. The Effektiv line has a 10 year warranty, how can they do this? I still need 2 new casters, any ideas?

Share |
Simplify is offline   Reply With Quote

Comment

Tags
effektiv , galant