No Gallery image is associated with this thread

Old Mar 18th, 12, 8:25 am   #1
eviti
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 220
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: Greece-Athens Airport
lagan countertop used as a desk

I used the lagan countertop as a workspace for a desk, but i haven't treated with behandla oil, cause i didn't buy it from the store. Looking at this IKEA Hackers: Space-efficient IT-Workstation under 250,00 Euro, i suppose that i can use this : http://auro.de/en/downloads/tm_en/TM173_e.pdf

Is it good enough?

Let me note that i don't want to darken the wood and i would like a mat finish.Does oil darken the wood?

Considering the following , do i have to oil the surface first and then wax it?

2. COATING BUILD-UP ON UNTREATED SUBSTRATES (FIRST TIME PAINTING)
2.1 Substrate type: Wood, wood products
2.1.1 Substrate preparation: Thoroughly clean the surfaces, wet, grind fine and completely
2.1.2 Basic treatment
- Prime with AURO Impregnating primer No. 121* or AURO Hard oil No. 126*.
- The impregnation must penetrate completely into the substrate; any residues on the surface
minutes) must be removed before drying to avoid drying delay and glossy patches.
2.1.3 Final treatment
- Apply the balsam thinly and polish before drying.
- Attention:The wax surface cannot be polished any longer after elapse of the drying time.
non-fluffy rag (cotton/linen), polishing brush or polishing disk with lamb skin hood.

Share |

Last edited by eviti; Mar 18th, 12 at 8:29 am..
eviti is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Mar 18th, 12, 12:52 pm  
Moderator; IKEA Chuck
GOLD Directory Member

iKarma: 233,385
Gallery: 6
My IKEA: USA-San Francisco:Emeryville
Doorstyle: The late, great Kvadrat Beech

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  IKEAFANS Moderator 
Total Awards: 13

I've been blogged!
Re: lagan countertop used as a desk

Welcome to IKEAFANS, eviti.

Any kind of finish you apply to the tops will darken them - even something labeled "clear". And you should use the wax last - applying it first will prevent the oil from doing its job.

Share |
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Comment

Tags
desk , lagan , wax