I used the lagan countertop as a workspace for a desk, but i haven't treated with behandla oil, cause i didn't buy it from the store. Looking at this IKEA Hackers: Space-efficient IT-Workstation under 250,00 Euro
, i suppose that i can use this : http://auro.de/en/downloads/tm_en/TM173_e.pdf
Is it good enough?
Let me note that i don't want to darken the wood and i would like a mat finish.Does oil darken the wood?
Considering the following , do i have to oil the surface first and then wax it?
2. COATING BUILD-UP ON UNTREATED SUBSTRATES (FIRST TIME PAINTING)
2.1 Substrate type: Wood, wood products
2.1.1 Substrate preparation: Thoroughly clean the surfaces, wet, grind fine and completely
2.1.2 Basic treatment
- Prime with AURO Impregnating primer No. 121* or AURO Hard oil No. 126*.
- The impregnation must penetrate completely into the substrate; any residues on the surface
minutes) must be removed before drying to avoid drying delay and glossy patches.
2.1.3 Final treatment
- Apply the balsam thinly and polish before drying.
- Attention:The wax surface cannot be polished any longer after elapse of the drying time.
non-fluffy rag (cotton/linen), polishing brush or polishing disk with lamb skin hood.