Due to circumstances beyond our control, we will not be able to attend this fun event at our local IKEA Woodbridge, but we want you to go and tell us all about it! (p.s. there are massages involved…)
Read on to learn more …
IKEA Bring Your Own Friends Day
From the press release:
Friends can visit the BYOF tab on the IKEA Facebook page to RSVP for the event. While there, they can print offers for a free blue bag, free breakfast, and buy-one-get-one lunch in-store on BYOF Day. Users also can chose their “IKEA Shopping Team” and invite their Facebook friends to join them with customizable invites. For each friend invited, IKEA will donate $1 to Save the Children, up to $50,000.
“At IKEA, we are always looking for another way to improve the lives of our customers,” says Marty Marston, Product Public Relations Manager, IKEA U.S. “BYOF Day has been designed with feedback from IKEA fans in mind and is dedicated to those fans and their friends. It’s full of the unique IKEA experiences shoppers have told us they want more of.”
Events on Bring Your Own Friends Day
- Food Specials: Friends love to bond over food. Offers for free breakfast, and buy-one-get-one lunch can be downloaded on the BYOF tab on the IKEA Facebook page. Dishes made with items from the Swedish Food Market will be sampled throughout the day, and recipe cards will be handed out so friends can re-create their favorites at home.
- Life Improvement and Home Furnishings Seminars: Each store will host a Life Improvement or home furnishings seminar offering tools, inspiration and product suggestions to help people improve the way they live. Find out which seminar is being offered at your store on the BYOF tab on the IKEA Facebook page.
- Ask a Home Furnishings Expert: Those looking for design advice from the experts can bring their challenges in-store where specialists will be on-hand to offer customized solutions.
- Gift Card Giveaways: To reward loyal customers, each store will give away five mini shopping sprees of $200 each.
- Complimentary Massages: To relieve the stress of the everyday, complimentary chair massages will be offered by certified massage therapists from the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB).
- Free Blue Bags: Who doesn’t love the IKEA blue bag? Pick one up for free by printing out the offer on the BYOF tab on the IKEA Facebook page.
- Tons of Savings: So you and your friends can shop in style and save on new lower price products for your home.
Go! Enjoy! Tell us all about it!